Why should your business care about privacy?
Because your customers do.
By the numbers:
- 86% of users take their privacy seriously online, but only 26% are somewhat or more confident the companies they do business with protect their privacy.
- 90% of Canadians feel there are loosing control of their data, and expect better protection
- 78% of people claim to be aware of the risks with unknown links in emails… and click anyway. Will this include members of your team?
- In 2021, cybercrime is set to cost the business community $6 trillion… every year.
It’s time to take privacy seriously. Proactive privacy plans aren't just pretty packages: they are powerful competitive tools to take into the marketplace, giving your business an edge when asking for investment and developing customer trust.
Privacy in Canada
Collecting personally identifiable information on Canadian citizens? You need to meet the standards of the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) no matter where your business is located. Information in Bloom Management Services can walk you through your information and data lifecycle, developing the privacy documentation and showing you the operational requirements your business needs to prove commitment to the fair information principles, and stay in good standing.
Privacy in Europe
As of May 4th 2018, businesses looking to trade or operate in Europe will be expected to comply with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). Two highlights of the GDPR include development of standard controls for operational information governance, and having access to a qualified data protection officer, whom may be brought in on independent contract. A freelance consultancy in both information and privacy, hiring Information in Bloom gives your organization both.
Get your start-up on the right foot with investors and future customers.
Creating a new company from scratch? Looking to set the world buzzing with your new network, or Internet of Things device? Don't wait on privacy planning: close gaps and make sure your following compliance regulations before the prototype needs to be re-developed. IoT in particular need 'privacy by design': understanding what data your device is collecting and what safeguards should be in place before going to market.
Information in Bloom Management Services offers privacy consulting for business with certified expertise. Contact Victoria today, and ask about:
- Privacy notices for customers
- Breakdown of privacy legislation your business needs to be compliant with
- Internal privacy policies, standard operating procedures and administrative security measures
- Privacy gap analysis and SWOT assessments
- Website reporting and cookie reports
- Data mapping
- Privacy impact assessments
- Security recommendations, including where to go for more robust safeguards
- Industry expertise, including health and financial privacy