Specific to this site and web browsing.
Information in Bloom Management Services is hosted on victoriamcintosh.com, which uses three types of cookies to identify users. They are:
- Single session-cookies
- Google Analytics
- First-party cookies for connecting to specific content (i.e. Instagram)
For more control over cookies, see tutorials related to your specific browser on limiting or deleting web cookie tracking or click below for privacy settings when viewing VictoriaMcIntosh.com.
If information is not need-to-know, we’re not asking.
Information is collected when:
- You submit your email to join the mailing list. This includes your name and email address.
- You contact Victoria directly. This will include your name, email, and other details in your message to get in touch.
- You contract out Information in Bloom Management Services. This information varies, with explicit consent before acquiring.
As a practice, Information in Bloom collects only the minimum information necessary to respond or perform the task requested.
How collected information is used
Information in Bloom uses the information collected to:
- Gather insights from web cookies to improve the site, or identify malicious intent, including spam (see Website Privacy)
- Send out newsletters when you’ve joined the mailing list.
- Reply directly to your contact. If you’ve suggested interest in a business relationship, consent may be requested to keep in touch for future opportunities.
- Process the information received for the purpose of agreed contracted services. The nature of processing will be discussed and consent required before processing.
Who can see it
Information may be shared with:
- With consent in order to fulfil contracted obligations, such as using a third party for more advanced services or meet business operations.
- If disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with Canadian law or regulatory requirements.
Information in Bloom Management Services protects PII with:
- Up-to-date anti-malware and defenders
- Data minimization
- Information classification
- Limited retention of sensitive information
- Encryption for sensitive data
- Backup storage
- Other appropriate safeguards as appropriate for the information in question.
Retention and Destruction
How long is it kept
Information is kept until..
- Mailing List data: is stored on MailChimp’s server. Users may unsubscribe at anytime, and have their information deleted.
- Other information is retained on a case-by-case bases, and varies by industry.
- Factors on if/when information is destroyed include existing business relationships, last contact, proof of transactions, regulatory requirements or other criteria.
- Information in Bloom may have limited retention control over information that is submitted via a third party service, such as communications via LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, etc. Please check with the service before sending, and contact to discuss alternative transmission methods if a concern.
Information in Bloom Management Services generally operates within Canada and follows Canadian data legislation. For more information on Canadian privacy rights, visit the Office of the Privacy Commissioner for details.
Individuals may request a report on what information (if any) Information in Bloom holds, and request it’s removal. Information in Bloom reserves the right:
- To verify the identity of the request prior to disclosure.
- To maintain a copy of the removal request as proof of action.
- To contact a third party about the request if more than one individual will be affected by disclosure or destruction.
- To refuse disclosure or destruction of information if such action conflicts with legal or regulatory obligations.
- To contact the appropriate information and/or privacy supervisory authority on personal information that falls outside Canadian jurisdiction.
This privacy notice was last updated on September 7th, 2017.
Information in Bloom may update this policy to comply with changing regulations, or in continued efforts to be clear on privacy operations. Major changes are discussed with clients as part of existing agreements.
Questions? Need more info? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details or concerns.
Information in Bloom Management Services is committed to ethical and responsible uses of information and data. Your privacy is important.